Old December 29th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Yankee

Default DG response re service fee

Hmmm I wonder if Mr Weber considered the increased call volume that
this plan will cause. Now that you are forced to pay your 245euros
owners will want to get some value for your payment.

Unfortunately, yes. DG says they will track their costs and adjust
the fee as required. So it's an automatic money-maker for DG, until
they calculate the cost of ticking off and losing customers.

As to "forced to pay," no one is. Certainly I am not. Only if and
when the FAA says I must pay this stupid fee will I be forced.
(Anybody want to bet on the likelihood of that ever happening? In
fact, I would not be surprised if the FAA flatly told DG they cannot
withhold support to US operators on the basis DG is proposing.)

I said to Dr. Weber in my initial e-mail, "I don't want to see your
company go out of business, but neither do I wish to be blackmailed
with a gun to my head because you cannot otherwise control your
costs. And I am not alone in this opinion! Please do not sleep until
you find a FAIR solution. Otherwise, you will have no rest."

DG should scrap this BS plan and replace it with a simpler pay-as-you-
go.