Old February 27th 17, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Charlie Gibbs

Default IFR in a vintage 172 - vacuum system

On 2017-02-26, wrote:

Check this out! It's a backup vaccum system that used vaccum from the
engines intake manifold. Not the bee's knees but better than nothing
or a $2K plus electrically driven vacuum pump...

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...dby_vacsys.php

Sorry if my reply is too dated.

Definitely an option. I'll talk it up with the locals and get some
more opinions. Still, I'm kind of tempted by the Garmin G5 / Dynon
D10 option, which doesn't cost a whole lot more - especially when
you compare it with the other stuff I need (replace existing comm
radios with something like a 430W / KX155 combo).

--
/~\ lid (Charlie Gibbs)