Old January 31st 04, 01:35 PM
Richard Whitcombe

"Dave Schwartz" wrote in message
et...
Hi. Does anyone have the Saitek X45 Joystick and Throttle combination.

Yes

it at Best Buy recently. Are you happy with it. Can you suggest
assignments for it's numerous buttons and controls? Should I keep it or
return it?

Why would you want to return a perfectly good working joystick ? Why buy it
if you didnt want it ?

For what its worth im very happy with mine althoug hi preferred the X36
(nicely colour, less annoying LEDs). I dont use many of the button
combinations, the only really useful ones i set are the thumbwheel rotary
for elevator trim and the forefinger 4 way had on the throttle for rudder
trim.

On that subject a rant, WHEN will MS enable me to set the rudder trim to a
rotary wheel ! The elevator is great, surely they should give us rudder
too.