Old May 25th 05, 12:56 AM
Dan Luke

"Chip Jones" wrote:

I've never understood why more pilots on VFR cross countries don't use
Flight Following. ...Almost every Center controller I know down here
would rather
be talking to all parties when making traffic calls to known aircraft.
The
unknown VFR guys represent a traffic wildcard and in my view increase
the
workload when issuing traffic to known aircraft, rather than
decreasing it.

Well, I gotta admit that sometimes I don't use FF because I don't want
to be bothered. Like when it's a brilliant, clear day and I would
rather listen to music and watch the world go by than work the radio.

No offense, Chip; I enjoy working with ATC. But 90% of my flying is
IFR, and I like taking a break from "the system" once in a while.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM