Old December 8th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Glue it to it

"Morgans" wrote in message

wrote

Once the early designers appreciated the advantage of the one over the
other they moved immediately to true monocoque structures of molded
plywood, welded steel tubing and so forth, but the structural integrity
of the 'box' structures combined with their simplicity of fabrication
makes the method ideal for homebuilders even today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't epoxy for homebuilders considered much
more "user friendly" than Resorcinol, because Resorcinol is very
particular about having uniform, tight fitting joints, and the correct
clamping pressure?
--
Jim in NC

I see the primary shortcoming of Epoxy as the glass transition temperature.
There is a reason plastic airplanes are painted white, eh?

Anyone got data on just how hot it gets inside a wing in the Texas sun?

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com