Old March 11th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.navy,sci.military.naval,alt.war.vietnam
Flashnews

Default was the F-14 ever used in Vietnam ?

1st Tomcat Cruise on Enterprise with VF-1 and VF-2 went to SEA I think
participated in the fall of Saigon

"Sprite Scaler" wrote in message
ps.com...

I wanted to know if the F-14 Tomcat was used at all in the Vietnam
war, even if it was limited, and towards the end of the war ?

the Tomcat was designed in the late 1960s, entered service in the
early 1970s (correct me if that's not so). The war stretched until
what, 1972-1973. but then there was the final exit before the north
took Saigon in1975 (again, correct me if i'm wrong on that)... so to
me it's conceivable that the Tomcat could've been used late in Nam.