Old March 7th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NVArt

Default dirty oil

I'm sorry; I have to ask: Did you SEE the oil changed?

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Stan Prevost" wrote:

So, Dan, how did this turn out?

Friday, I took the airplane to Teledyne Continental's shop in Fairhope, AL
for a "second opinion" on the engine.

Just got the report: the engine seems fine. Compressions are ok,
crankcase pressure is ok, cylinders all looked good when bore-scoped.

This mechanic said the same thing my regular mechanic said about the dirty
oil: it most likely came from the oil cooler and associated plumbing which
doesn't get drained at oil change unless you pull a line off the cooler.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM