Old August 19th 12, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace
Lubow[_2_]

Default High Desert Storage

"Course Correction" wrote in
message . ..

Hey everyone,im new to this site, and like everyone here im a pilot
(CFII) but what i wanted to start a thread on is something that my
family owns. My family currently owns 400 acres next to a paved public
airport (which they also own) and a large steel building/hanger in the
Sierra Nevada Mountains (close to a major city) Not wanting to type
alot.. Id like thoughts on if anyone could give some business input or
thoughts on turning this into a facility for degraded, un-flying,
flying, abandoned, etc type of aircraft..
feel free to email me your thoughts.

What's the annual precipitation? Having bought a plane that was stored in
Florida, I became an expert in corrosion.

Bottom line:
If the plane is stored in a region with low precipitation and a low
incidence of hail, you have a good place for an aviation graveyard.