Old December 16th 20, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scooter McMuffin

Default 3 Alisport Silent 2 Electros for sale in Wings and Wheels.

+1
Scott Manley - Alisport Silent 2 Electro #2066 - For sale - Wings&Wheels

The benefit is that one has the option to fly when no tug is available knowing that the available power for save or return will be much more limited than if a tow is taken. Somewhere between 25 and 40% of available energy will likely be used to launch.
That said, having the motor isn't just motor home. It may be to get out of a bad spot in the flight and then continue soaring home. That may require very little energy.
The profile for my electric ASW-24E(L) is launch and have about 3500- 4000 feet of additional climb remaining for saves. Testing so far projects about 5500 ft of climb from full charge.
All I need is to be able to fly on Wednesday when there is no tow pilot and have a high expectation of not having to call my wife for a retrieve.
I suspect my objective is much like many that have these gliders.
FWIW
UH