Old August 9th 04, 09:08 PM
CB

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message
"CB" wrote in message
The runway is runs parallel to the highway.
The only problem with 26 is the psychological problem of that final last
second turn onto the runway.

I was advised to make a rudder turn before I came in for the first
time. Seems to work, though you need to bank around first. Then
rudder to straighten up just before the wheels touch.

There's a big arrow painted on the ground to tell you which way
to go in isn't there?! :-)

http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/

It's one of the cheaper places to fly in the UK.

Go north west on the map and you'll see Bourne Park.

I used to fly G-BDUO when it was at Cardiff. It's now based at
Popham. Nice new paint now! Before it was repainted I helped
Irv Lee scrape the ice off it once. Don't know if that contributed
to the need for re-painting... :-)

Ah, I see the ukga.com guy has posted my photograph of
Bourne Park.

My home airfield chaps, for all who want to see it!
http://ukga.com/content/view.cfm?contentId=2154
Er, and a bit of my plane.

Paul

Bourne Park is a regular stop for our Vagabond IJ. I think that PA17 does
more hours per year (220) than the rest of the UK fleet of PA15/17 put
together.