Old September 23rd 12, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best performing Vario?

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:58:22 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:58:15 AM UTC-4, Craig R. wrote: In your opinion, what was the best performing vario you have ever used? Specifically, the one that got you centered in and to the top of the thermal in the least amount of time. Let's ignore products because they have the latest "bells and whistles" add ons, latest technology, sexy appearances, or best computer processor. Basic performance is the only criteria. I've heard some say the legacy Cambridge units and some say the Sage mechanical. Which unit did it for you?

I loved the LNav and think it hard to beat when tuned right. I have the new ClearNav vario and it is even better. UH