Old September 23rd 04, 02:58 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:23:21 GMT, Juan Jimenez wrote:

Get real, Corky. This argument wouldn't stand up in a third grade debate
class. I've got a piece of paper in a book here in my library that says it
is the US Constitution, but it's a forgery. The content is quite accurate.
The same goes for the documents that CBS presented. The memos are
forgeries, but the contents are very accurate, as verified by the secretary
who worked for YEARS with Killian.

Ah HA HA HA HA HA, oh man, thanks for a good laugh. Once again, your
words are prophetic: You are absolutely correct, your argument will
not stand up even in a third grade debate.

No one knows if the content of the memos is accurate or not. We have
the testimony of an 86 year old woman who has stated that the memo's
are definately fake. She conjectured that in her opinion, they
accurately reflect the sentiment of her boss. In a court of law, this
type of testimony is called "hearsay" evidence and is not allowed
because it's opinion, not verifiable fact. Your third graders would
recognize that even if you do not.

In order for the documents to be
accepted as evidence, they MUST be the originals, and must be
verifiable by anyone's expert.

Wrong.

Well apparently CBS does not agree with you.

CBS is publically eating crow because everyone on earth knows this.
Except you.

Wrong again! ding! That's two strikes, care to take another futile swing?

Here's a couple of paragraphs from AP television writer David Bauder:

"NEW YORK - CBS News apologized Monday for a "mistake in judgment" in
its story questioning President Bush (news - web sites)'s National
Guard service, claiming it was misled by the source of documents that
several experts have dismissed as fakes.

The network said it would appoint an independent panel to look at its
reporting about the memos. The story has mushroomed into a major media
scandal, threatening the reputations of CBS News and chief anchor Dan
Rather."

Further: "Based on what we now know, CBS News cannot prove that the
documents are authentic, which is the only acceptable journalistic
standard to justify using them in the report," Heyward said. "We
should not have used them."

CBS says it was an error in judgement to use the memo's because they
could not be authenticated, and at HUGE expense to their nationwide
and worldwide news reporting reputation, they publically apologized.
But Juan Jimenez says it's ok to use the information anyway. Why am I
not surprised?

Corky (your words reveal your ethics) Scott