Old February 10th 18, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default New Glider Dream Elon Musk Flow

The Nexus is being built with fly by wire and automatic flaps. As was pointed out above the SB-11 won the 1978 WGC, and that was a very radical design. Let imaginations run.

I would love automatic flaps in a new bird. I would alos like different manufacturing to allow for lighter empty weight, helps if you fly a sustainer.

On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 10:31:46 AM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Was so tried of the hard deck discussion thought I would try a discussion of dreams. After seeing the vision of Elon Musk with his Falcon Heavy, I had to pinch myself. Those two boosters landing in sync..

What are some of the innovative, new technology, original thought, scifi dreams, would you like to see in a brand new glider design? Let your inter Elon Musk flow.

We have seen the New Ventus, the JS-3 (very innovative), Dianna 3. So far the South Africans have shown the most original thought.

If you were to design a glider what are your dreams?