Old December 15th 19, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Updating Avionics - How I Remember What's What!

Eric,

I have dual mode ADS-B Out and In in the Cessna 180 and 1090ES out in
the Stemme.Â* The Powerflarm portable gives me 1090ES ADS-B IN in the
Stemme via both the ClearNav II moving map and a Flarmview display.Â* I
played with a Dual XGPS-170D with a Sony Xperia Z3 for dual mode ADS-B
In on an Avare display but it just proved to be redundant and mounting
was problematic.Â* I may offer the XGPS-170D
https://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-product/xgps170d for sale...

2G, Tom, if your Flarm target has a position display on your moving map,
it's an ADS-B In target.Â* If it's just a range circle, it's simply a
transponder return (Mode 3/A or Mode S).

On 12/14/2019 5:26 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
2G wrote on 12/14/2019 1:01 PM:
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 11:58:50 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
Me, too!Â* What Eric said.

I don't have ADS-B In.

Tom
Really???Â* How much have you got invested in that well set up ASH-31?
What's $240 as a percentage of that, 0.1%?

How could anyone claim that glider pilots are notoriously cheap? :-D

I really like the ADSB-in on my Phoenix. The radar and TFRs are worth
it; also, getting the winds and weather at airports out of AWOS range.

--
Dan, 5J

I am have ADS-B In by virtue of the PowerFlarm core. I have been
getting power traffic alerts, but I thought that was transponder
alerts. What I will probably add is the Flarmview57 for a dedicated
alert display (replacing the volt/ammeter).

Dan and I meant are the "bonus" features of ADS-B in: things like
weather, radar images, TFRs, etc.
Â*--
email me)

Dan, 5J