Old November 15th 05, 12:18 AM

Default PDA GPS software Which one??

On 14 Nov 2005 15:21:19 -0800, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

I"m sure the help file will help, I just haven't gotten there yet. I
set the FIR but didn't recognize the area because it didn't show me
airport names (just airspace). Again, I'm sure if I sit down with the
documentation I can get it to work. I use Flightsoft now for planning
and it works a bit more out-of-the-box, but may or may not be better.

-Robert

You really need to read the help file!

If you've set the FIR's have you downloaded the data from the
internet? i.e. Map (at each zoom level unless you register), Nav,
Elevation? That's how it's updated!

As for the PDA simply 'synchronise CE device' from the icon, via the
PDA cradle using Active Sync.

This prog has so many options you can't expect it to just work without
reading the basic help info. Lots of icons on the top & side of the
screen to select/deselect options.

The first thing to do is right click the mouse and 'search' for your
nearest airfield then click 'Plane Pos'. That puts the plane at the
centre of the screen in your area. If you don't the plane position
could well be in the sea or another FIR anywhere in the world.

You also need to check properties and ensure you set the 'Limit
PocketPC Memory storage to' xxx MB