Old July 20th 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John[_27_]

Default Standard Jantar 48-3 & One-Man Assembly

On Jul 7, 10:58*pm, Larry wrote:
On Jul 7, 8:17*am, John wrote:

On Jul 7, 7:58*am, sisu1a wrote: I am considering a one-man to assist in the assembly - I figure it
will work but since the wings are a bit bigger than other gliders I
assist with assembly,

Bigger? I have an SZD 59 (a bipolarJantar3 on steroids, same wing
planform though...) and the section of the wing that a one-man rigger
goes on is not larger than most std class ships. Heavier yes, but
chord and thickness are fairly average (not at the root- but that's
not where the rigger goes...) around the balance point.

Thanks Paul - I have been in touch with Steve and he said it would
require the "larger" model. *Another thing to determine since there is
a price difference between the choices. *He has offered a full
guarantee but I'd like to get some first-hand feedback prior to taking
the plunge.

John

I've been using thestandardWing Rigger on my recently acquired
DG-300. Works wonderfully. First nine times I had help (one man
riggers + a wing stand make it really easy with two people). Tenth
time, after I had become familiar, in detail, with how it goes
together I did it myself.

Larry

I'm in the queue for a wingrigger. I can't wait to receive it (but
will have to wait several weeks) and try it out - thanks for the
advice guys.

John