Old January 3rd 04, 11:54 AM
Johnny Bravo

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:01:24 -0800, pervect
wrote:

1) There are people to this day don't seem to understand that Americans are
not cowards, they just don't like to fight wars. **** they off and they will
fight, they will not be scared off, rather they will hit you with everything
they have got. Why people think otherwise that is beyond me.

Me neither. I can see why some people might think that as a nation we
are not too bright or perhaps easily manipulated, but we certainly
seem to be willing to fight.

Perhaps it comes from the typical American unwillingness to suffer
unnecessary casualties. Not that we won't do what it takes, just that
we'd prefer to do it without any of our guys dying. Rather than
trying to storm an enemy position, we'd rather just bomb and shell the
hell out of it first, losing time but gaining lives. It's a long and
glorious tradition going back to the time when American irregular
troops were considered unmanly and cowardly for not standing toe to
toe with the British regulars and exchanging volleys with them.

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft