Old February 6th 12, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Duo NV lands on Heavenly Ski Resort. Not kidding...

On Feb 6, 10:25*am, Sean Fidler wrote:
http://southtahoenow.com/story/02/05...-crash-heavenl...

I was just in this glider (absolutely gorgeous) last Wednesday. *Holy crap. *Epic Fail.

Not to be contentious, but more fodder for the safety
monkeys...................looks like this guy did a fantastic job
getting the sailplane down safe and with all in 1 piece.

I am interested in learning how the "loss of air" caused this to
happen.

I will not be criticizing the pilot, as we are all prone to being in
the news someday, despite the never ending articles in Soaring about
safety.

Brad