Old February 7th 12, 07:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Wallis

Default Duo NV lands on Heavenly Ski Resort. Not kidding...

Your link didn't work for me. However, the landing site was not up the
gondola but rather just to the right of the main lodge as you face the
hill. In other words, pretty close to field elevation at TVL. The
Kingsbury Grade is around 1300' above field elevation, 6.5 miles away and
slightly around the mountain.

At 04:57 07 February 2012, wrote:
Interesting is where the glider set down in respect to Minden, S Lake
Tahoe=
Airport and the Heavenly resort itself. The area where the landing
occure=
d was roughly 3 miles from the S. Lake Tahoe Airport and roughly 1500 to
20=
00' above the airport elevation. I created a couple simple maps showing
th=
e approximate area in the resort the glider landed as well as the

distance
=
to the airport (and elevation. They were well on the other side of the
rid=
ge from Minden and well, well well below the ridge top. Actually just up
t=
he Gondola from the main lodge area.

Link to photo's of the landing area in respect to heavenly resort and to
th=
e airport:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1178746...LandOut?authu=
ser=3D0&authkey=3DGv1sRgCIyq38-DmqTF9gE&feat=3Ddirectlink