Old April 1st 04, 02:59 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Mike Spera wrote:

Yep, 06C it is. The procedure is voluntary, but, as I said, there are
citizen "police" recording which based pilots don't play along. I
usually try not to trigger the governmental immune system by not looking
like a virus (low keyed, non confrontational). So, I play along. After
all, if I fly a "normal" pattern out of RWY 11, I may broadside someone
flying the "voluntary" procedure.

I often wondered how much it would cost to move the two cronies. Gotta
be cheaper than the loss of a life running this goofy pattern.

You are close enough to Chicago that Louie, Vito, Bruno or Guido should
be able to come out and give you a hand!

Mike

Dave Stadt wrote:
Sounds like Schaumburg. The departure procedures to the east are absurd
and
dangerous. Ought to be a law against such nonsense. Far as I know the
procedures are voluntary.

"Mike Spera" wrote in message

Interesting debate. I too have no use for old cranks who live near an
airport and constantly complain about the noise. But, aerobatic practice
boxes are not published anywhere. Not sure I can defend a "tough $*^!"
attitude on the part of aerobatic jockeys.

We have a similar problem. I have owned an airplane for over ten years.
We live a couple of miles down the road from the airport. We could live
closer, BUT we chose to live here because we did not want to put up with
the noise. Now, 2 old cranks (hey, I'm over 50, I can say it) have
harassed their village and the police enough that a "noise abatement"
procedure was put in place. To avoid bothering these fine citizens (who
bought homes right next to an airport that preceded their houses by 20
years), airplanes now must fly an extended 2.5 mile upwind to, you
guessed it, my house.

I have to draw the line here pardner. My house was here before THE
PATTERN was moved. In addition, flying this non-standard, 2+ mile upwind
is inherently DANGEROUS to those transients who are not aware of this
absurd procedure. It puts aircraft dangerously close (2 miles) to
O'Hare's innermost ring. The 2 crabbies also had touch and gos
eliminated in this "procedure". They even have "airport volunteers" park
their keesters at the airport with a handheld radio to record any
"violators". Those N-numbers based at the airport are sent reminders if
they violate this unsafe, voluntary procedure. For a time, they were
even contemplating terminating the lease (hangar/tiedown) of repeat
"violators". It appears the village attorney talked some sense into them
and they dropped the threat. They have taken in over $10 million in
federal funds and this type of action might attract the FAA into the fray.

So, I can see the beef to some extent. At least move the box around so
the same homes don't get pummeled forever.

Flexibility won't kill you, but inflexibility might. Remember, you're in
RANGE!!!

Good Luck,
Mike

http://www.uncensored-news.com