Old June 25th 09, 08:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

Default Clearance on hold, hold for release

In article
,
Hap wrote:

So, my question is, what exactly does the term "hold for release" mean
within the context of the situation I've described? What could/should
I have done differently;

My suggestion would have been to call the tower back and say, "Uh, I'm
not sure I understand what you mean by 'hold for release' in the context
of my current situation. Could you please clarify?"

I once sat on the ground twiddling my thumbs for ten minutes because I
didn't follow my own advice when it turned out I didn't know what a void
time actually was (never having departed IFR from a non-towered
airport). And I had passengers which made it doubly embarrassing.

rg