Old October 19th 17, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Beringer Disc Brake Kit for Schemm-Hirth gliders - experience and effectiveness?

Paul Gaines and I did my ventus B with tost factory kit and had to do a lot of retrofitting as nothing was quite as simple as they led to believe. But after making some shims and other small bits, it came together quite well. We installed the master cylinder on the front bulkhead under the seat pan. This kept the brake cable very short and very little stretch. Braking is quite good while I cant lock up the tire on hard surfaces it does take complete back stick to keep from putting it on the nose. And bleeding is a pain but I managed it after a few messy trys.
CH