Old March 12th 04, 04:03 AM
Dude

.. Big guys tend to like Bonanzas and little
guys like Mooneys.

Being 6'3" and 200 pounds, I have to disagree with this. The seats are low
to the floor, and this and some other elements give people an impression
that it is tighter than it really is. Comfort is subjective, and your brush
is too wide. I liked the view from the Bo, but in spite of the low seats,
the Mooney won in every other comfort category. Having heard many other
people make similar remarks to yours, I was rather suprised.

Mooneys have the best cabin for the extremely tall pilot. I sat in a new
one, and had plenty of room to push my seat farther back. Also, the yoke
was not hitting my legs as it does in some Beech planes. You might want to
check the actual cabin width as well, as I believe the Mooney is larger.
Its the high windscreen and window arrangement that gives the Bo driver an
impresssion of more size.