Old October 28th 11, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

Default Cle Elum crash on NTSB

On Oct 28, 1:55*pm, JohnDeRosa wrote:
On Oct 28, 5:49*am, Paul Tribe wrote:

However, given what I've read on here over the last few days,
some of you, particularly the pilots with no winch launch
experience, will find the BGA winch launch safety initiative
informative:

http://www.gliding.co.uk/bgainfo/saf...hlaunching.htm

Fascinating Condor (I assume) simulations.

It would appear that "Spin Clip 2" is a candidate for what might have
occured at Cle Elum.

"Spin Clip 1" is a cockpit view which is especially chilling.

Condor seems to be a very nice tool to experience what you don't ever
want to experience, just like the ATP's do in the big simulators.

Sailors of the Sky, I think. There's an article someplace about
the Lasham setup. These planes are different from what are in
Condor, also. Still, I'd expect Condor will show the same.

-- Matt