Old February 18th 20, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air

Default Libelle suitability for beginners

In my opinion the air brakes are a non-issue. I bought a half share in a Libelle and started flying it with maybe 8 landings in a 1-26 and 2 in a junior. Other then that all my training was done in 2-33. As long as you are aware that it doesn't come down as fast as a 2-33 then landing isn't to bad. It may not have as strong air brakes as more modern gliders but as long as you do your first few landings in big airport so you can get a feel for the glide slope it's not bad at all.