Old January 12th 04, 04:48 PM
Corky Scott

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 02:38:04 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

I knew a guy once who did what you have done. His name
was Bill Whitsell, and the place he put together was Flying W Ranch in New
Jersey. It's still there, although not nearly what it used to be. It had
everything! Airplane shaped pool; horseback riding; a beautiful strip; a
great full service restraunt; and a hotel upstairs. I was instructing there
for a while for him. Bill was a retired Eastern Airlines pilot. I remember
Bob Cummings, the movie actor flew in one day in a D18 Beech and Bill got
him involved in the place in about five minutes. We took the Beech in trade
on an Aztec, and Cummings liked the place so much we thought he's never
leave! :-)

I've eaten there, when I was a kid, had a big family dinner there.
Probably was my father's idea, him being the ex Navy pilot. It had a
HUGE plate glass window overlooking the runway. While we were eating,
a staggerwing beech took off and rattled the entire room as it roared
by. Seemed like the restaurant was right close to the runway.

I also remember seeing the airplane shaped pool.

Corky Scott