Old June 8th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in message
Hi All,

This post is primarily directed toward student pilots like myself.

First, I am not asking because I want to know the answer (I already
know), but do a little experiment. I have maybe 7 or 8 different
sources of flight information that I rely on for ground school
(Jeppesen, FAA Handbooks, etc), and none of them said _how_ it worked
in sufficient detail, they only said what one must do to make the
plane pitch up or downard.

Probably because there are several different ways to make it work -

I assume you are most familiar with the use of a servo tab. Can you name at
least two other ways that it is commonly done in light aircraft?

But it is good to understand how the aircraft systems work (and what can go
wrong) - so continue on with the discussion...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com