Old October 13th 18, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default New $500 FAA ADS-B Rebate ... some motorgliders/sustainers qualify

On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 1:55:52 AM UTC-4, Darryl Ramm wrote:
Yes! But wait... it's even sillier.... it depends. Some Schleicher motorglider engines are listed as "rotary" and some as "reciprocating", depends on what engine manufacturer they are keyed in under, for basically the identical engine. I should have looked more carefully, I had checked "Mid-West" and that returned "reciprocating".

It would have been great if the SSA was looking at this rebate program.

I am going to try to ask folks in the FAA about it.

---

There is interesting stuff in the FAA registration database. Like what is going on he https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinq...umbertxt=794FM :-0

Darryl

One of these?
https://www.rcplanet.com/rc-vehicles...-kit-gpma0955/
That's a cheap way to log time...

That seems like a serious and irresponsible use of the FAA registration system.... the . Eagle 2 is an airplane not a glider :-)

I would love to buy the owner a beer and find out what is going on there.