Old September 15th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Cessna Cardinal 177 RG II v. Piper Arrow III (70s) v. Piper Arrow III (brand new)

wrote:

Arrow is 147 kias Vno, the Cardinal is 142 kias.

But, get to 10,500 MSL... and the Cardinal climbs and
goes faster than an equally weighted Arrow.

At least, that has been my experience in Colorado.
Yes, we have 14,000 peaks, but you don't fly OVER the
peaks, you fly AROUND them. :-)

Having had both, I prefer the Cardinal.

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jeratfrii.com