Old October 27th 15, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Palmer

Default Practical Wave Flying - Revised Edition

Dan,

I tried to get Alice to pose in her 'Battlestar Galactica' suit, but alas it was not to be.

Papa3, Bob has done an admirable job of editing PWF, but it's not up to date on modern avionics and electronics. Indeed, I think it was only in the 2nd or 3rd edition that I mentioned transponders. PWF was originally written back in the steam gauge era; I think the most modern thing at the time was the Palm Pilot.

If I ever get back into soaring (ever hopeful)I'd love to bring PWF up to date as far as electronics go. Of course, given the rate of change, by the time the book is out things will have evolved again.

Still, I think the basic weather and flying techniques are still valid.

Thanks,

Mark Palmer