Old October 19th 17, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default What is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

And, this same format can help drag "lapsed contest/XC" pilots out there.
I'm an example at Wurtsboro this fall.
Limited flying the last few years, last real contest was a number of years ago, but I got a seat for a day at this contest.

Since nobody else wanted it (maybe not offered?), I took it.
Great to go fly a task where decision making was involved.

Yes, many ways to move pilots up to XC or contests, I'm fortunate to live in a region that has multiple places that foster this.