Old December 6th 19, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ian

Default LS3a oxygen cylinder specification

On 12/6/19 2:58 PM, wrote:
Why go through all of the bureaucratic BS? If a dive shop has to comply with excessive inspection protocols, take the cylinder to a hydrotest facility that deals with welding cylinders. I have been getting cylinders tested through Argyle Welding (company has been bought by Praxair
https://www.praxair.com/). Cost is about $35 and it generally takes a week or so.

The inspectors main line of business is fire extinguishes. There is a
big issue with local legislation regarding pressure vessels. They have
to be tested and certified before they can be filled. Inspection fee is
only bout $7 but he won't do it if the certification standard is not
stamped on the bottle.

Then I have another issue, the local dive shop says they wont fill steel
cylinders over 30 years old, but that is just their policy, it is no
longer part of legislation. But there are others who might ...