Old July 18th 03, 06:56 PM
Bob Gardner

It was a Part 135 charter with a copilot, from what I read. There is no
regulation that says flat out "don't fall asleep," but there are plenty of
catch-all regulations that provide traps for the unwary.

Why did they do it? To sell a story to CNN and make a few bucks.

Bob Gardner

"Toks Desalu" wrote in message
Guys!
You could not believe what I saw on CNN before I left for work. I

missed
the beginning of the segment, but I understood the whole story. A

passenger
was fliming during the flight. That film was showing on CNN. The pilot got
caught sleeping while flying. The pilot did not wear the headset. I

noticed
that he was wearing a ear plug. You could see his head tilt backward with
his left eye closed. The passenger claimed that he was filming him

sleeping
for about one hour. At the end of segment, the CNN went to FAA for

comments
and the FAA claimed that it was against the regulation. FAA claimed that

the
pilot must be awake and his must be on the control at all the time. There

is
no way to tell what kind of aircraft but, it was pretty clear that it is
under general aviation, a high wing with mulit-engine(propeller) aircraft.
Also, because of pilot's uniform, and other passengers, it indicated that

it
is under part 121 operation. But, I could be wrong. I have no idea where

the
flight was but the reporter said he/she was reporting from West Palm

Beach,
Florida.
Here my questions:
Can you believe this?
I studied regulation back in college and don't remember any specific
regulation that said the hand must be at control at all time. Anybody can
point it out?
Why they really want to make us look bad?
Feel free to comment on this.

Toks
PP_ASEL