Old April 25th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Henry J Cobb

Default Boeing Offers Additional F/A-18 Sale to U.S. Navy

wrote:
Introducing F/A-18E/F makes the open way to combine tanker, CAP and
ASuW missions in a single plane, thus increasing availability of
aircraft for littoral warfare.

So I cannot understand really what is the problem...

The only answer coming to my mind is a difference between training to
carrier-based and land-based deployments.

My fear is that stripping the strike aircraft off of the gators while
land based squadrons are depleted to fill the big decks will leave the
Marines to repeat The Battle Off Samar with a different outcome.

There is no alternative to the F-35B.

-HJC