Old November 19th 18, 08:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Hi Raul,
Jerzy told me the reason for Sebastian Kawa not to compete with the GP15 prototype were problems with its wing surface (reducing the performance). Next wings will be better.
I was visiting the company last weekend and a friend did a testflight. He was very impressed - strong engine, nice to handle, very quietly while gliding. But he felt not so good while circling with high banking. There were a few other minor problems (radio antenna, error in the engine computer, difficult assembly of wings) - i am sure these points will be cleared soon.
My guess is the biggest problem for gp is finding and training a big number of good workers.
L.