Old August 13th 04, 06:43 PM
B2431

From: Ed Rasimus

SNIP

It's easy to get them. You've got to be relatively incompetent at your
job. To get multiples indicates either incredible bravery (coupled
with incompetence) or a high level of accident-proneness.

Ed Rasimus

Come on, Ed, you know that's not true. I got my first purple heart for getting
burned while pulling somone out of a burning vehicle while under fire. That's
also where I got my bronze star. I got my second purple heart for getting shot
up while exiting a burning vehicle 2 weeks after the first one.

I was NOT incompetent nor accident prone.

How about the rescue teams that went in to get downed aircrews and came under
fire? Were the ones who got wounded or killed accident prone or incompetent?

If you were referring to fighter pilots say so, don't insult the kazillion of
us ground pounders who got them doing out jobs.

As an aside if the bad guys had dropped a rocket on your head while you were
asleep your next of kind would have been handed a puple heart. I wouldn't say
you were accident prone or incompetent in that example.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired