Old August 14th 04, 09:35 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Lot of noise being made about Purple Hearts
From: "Jay T. Beatty"
Date: 8/14/2004 9:33 AM Pacific Standard Time

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 01:08:34 +0100,

wrote:

It's easy to get them. You've got to be relatively incompetent at your
job. To get multiples indicates either incredible bravery (coupled
with incompetence) or a high level of accident-proneness.

Thats a bull**** statement, but since your an ex-fighter pilot, I can

see
how you would think that.

Bull**** is right. Casualtis are largley the resilt of statistical

happenstance
and chaos theory.

LOL! This crap is the product of the guy who has been telling us that all
that book larnin' ain't worth a plug nickel? "Statistical happinstance and
chaos theory"?! I guess the folks who write about statistics and those who
are developing chaos theory are believable, while those that have analyzed
combat operations are not...? One wonders if those *were* the primary
reasons, why then do the "new guys" experience a greater loss rate than the
expereinced hands? Especially in air combat?

Men are often killed by wild bursts of gunfire that has
nothing to do with competance. The idea that " I survived because I'm

smart and
the other guy died because he is stupid" is the ultimate height of

arrogance.

Substitute "competent and experienced" for "smart", and "often inexperienced
or incompetent" for "stupid" and you might be onto something there, Oh
Bookless Wonder.

Go to my website and click on "One went down" to see a B-26 turned into a
flaming coffin with my friends inside. Were they incompetant? What
bulll****. What total bull****.

Why should we go to your website and read your account? You have just been
telling us that written accounts are worthless, right?

Brooks

Arthur Kramer