Old September 12th 04, 12:21 PM
John Carrier

Very similar incident occurred during VF-211 (IIRC, might have been 24) gun
det in El Centro many years ago. F-8J, low transition, and a not quite
enough airspeed prior to gear retraction. At least no video evidence for
posterity.

R / John

"Iwan Bogels" wrote in message
Do you know what happens to pilots who try to impress the camera crew,
waiting half way the runway for a spectacular take-off shot ? Well, look
for yourself at http://www.dappa.nl/crash.htm.

Don't worry about any blood stains or casualties, there is only going to
be
material damage and a pilot with a severely brused ego.

For those who are interested, we are collecting aviation mishap, accident
and crash video footage for personal use. If you have another video clip
for
us, or if you can point us in the right direction on where to find it, we
would appreciate to hear from you. Our address is .

Aviation minded greetings,

Iwan