Old July 16th 03, 05:24 PM
journeyman

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:48:39 -0700, Peter Duniho
wrote:
A high approach is generally not a problem. Some fields, such as Boeing
Field in Seattle, require you to fly the glideslope. There they want you

stay on the VASIs in order avoid traffic conflicts with helicopters.

For my information where and how is this indicated?

Typically, the ATIS carries a phrase along the lines of "pilots are reminded
to fly the VASI" or something like that (while I used to fly there
frequently, it's been a couple of years so I don't recall the exact
wording). They don't actually explain WHY the request is being made, but it
is because of the helicopter traffic.

This is news to me. I've never been chewed out by a BFI controller
for making a steep approach. I always interpreted the phrase to mean
don't go below the VASI.

Morris