Old December 14th 04, 05:23 PM
jls

"Rich S." wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
They might have fallen under the exception(s) alluded to in the
statute:

"except as provided for by the provisions of this
chapter and the rules, regulations and orders adopted
pursuant to this chapter, "
Does anyone know where to look for those?

Sorry. This was undoubtedly written by lawyers - one of whom you must now
pay to interpret.

Rich S.

Well, Richie-Pooh, is suffering from the dark negativism of hysterical
melancholia today, so I'll tell you how to find them. You get the book of
statutes and look at the whole chapter, which will be indexed. A statute
will often refer to another statute and so on, so you read all of them until
you get a general understanding of the legislative policy of that state on
the specific topic you're interested in. Many non-lawyers read and
understand statutes as well as or better than lawyers do. There will also
be references to judicial opinions, attorney general opinions, and
administrative rules on the pages following the statutes you are looking at.
This is true with regard to the statutes in any state I'm familiar with.
If you can't find those statutes on the net, go to a law library. At the
University of Tennessee College of Law library in Knoxville the last I
looked there were codes of laws of just about every state in the USA, in
bound volumes.