Old May 23rd 05, 12:37 AM
Dude

First, I have to say that price limitations are not the best budgeting tool.
Could you say how much you want to put down and how much you want to spend
per year? Also, have you figured what your yearly hours might be? You can
likely buy more plane than you can afford to operate if you use the price
cap system.

If you liked the M20C, I would say that you should look at another M20.

You can likely get a K model in your price range with deice. It would be
hard to beat for Speed, Burn, and Range ( I assume that's what you really
want when you say fuel capacity, unless you really want to avoid high fuel
prices). A turbo normalized J might be another choice.

You could possibly find a TLS/Bravo (M model) in this range, but not likely
with deice. The Bravo is faster and more comfortable, but higher fuel burn
and maintenance. An Ovation is likely out of your range, but it is faster
down low, and less to maintain than an M20M. If you can go this route, it
will pay back buy having you more rested when you get there. These planes
are really more comfortable and have less vibration than the shorter
Mooney's.

The Bo's are worth looking at as well. They are higher priced, but you can
go older. Once again, deice and turbo normalized would likely be best.