View Single Post
Old April 9th 20, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Response to Sky Life search, 1970s

On Monday, June 24, 2019 at 11:00:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I attended briefly,somewhere in the early 70s memory banks.
I quit,as when I got to 5000 feet over the Tappan Zee Bridge,I was given control of the Cessna 150,and Lee put his hand on my thigh, with intent.

As a 15 year old,I also attended an initiation in Armonk,and was blindfolded,and,down to my briefs, asked to trust the initiated,and himself.
I was also allowed unlimited access to "Bali Hai",a very sweet wine,appealing to kids.
Unnderstand,I was a cute kid.Queerbait,I've been told.
When I told my dad why I was leaving,(himself, also a Ww2 vet),called me a quitter and a liar.

Lee Barnes succeeded in breaking a trust between me and my(deceased)father.
I hope this note finds you well, and Barnes burning in some obscure subdivision of Hell.

I'll probably run into him in hell's cafeteria, at some point,but I feel certain we'll be in different departments.

Peace. Out.

Hello,
Previously I posted my pretty uneventful Sky Life experience, no abuse, just the odd initiation ceremony. In the summer of 2018 my wife and I took a driving tour of New England (we're from PA) and took a detour to stop at the Plateau Skyranch Airport in Northville. I had been wanting to check it out for years and finally had the time and opportunity. The field is still operating, the hanger with the tower is still there, there are more airport buildings than when I attended in the summer of 1974, but the farmhouse and the ground school buildings are still there and occupied. We walked a little way and found the remnants of the shower building. I met the guy that either owns the buildings or the whole airport. He knew of the flying camp.. I was overcome with emotion when I saw the airport and the familiar buildings. I took several pictures to compare to a few pictures I have from 1974. It had been one of the best few weeks of my life attending the flying camp. I never suspected anything until I read some of these stories. I hate Barnes for what he did to the other campers. It should have been a great experience for everyone and he ruined it for them. I still think fondly of my time there, but I now can't think of it without thinking about what else went on.