Old July 7th 04, 10:20 PM
Rip

Nathan, I just had a VERY expensive paint job done by one of the better
shops in the US. They recommended that it be washed often (they gave me
a bottle of their proprietary airplane detergent), and not waxed for a
YEAR! (JetGglo paint). Any good paste car wax is OK by them.

Nathan Young wrote:
My Cherokee is in the paint shop, due out in a few weeks. Looking for
suggestions on maintaining a new Imron finish... Of course, I will
solicit input from the paintshop as well.

The plane is hangared, and only sits outside when on trips, so I
figure that is a good start.

Many people do not recommend washing/waxing new paint for several
months (to allow full curing). Is this required?

I fly IFR. Need I be concerned about flying into rain or keeping the
plane out of rain until it is 'fully cured'?

How about taking bugs off the leading edge?