Old October 2nd 03, 11:00 PM
Mark Cherry

In ,
David CL Francis wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 at 15:20:29 in message
, henri Arsenault
wrote:

Cantilever bridges of that size are not very common. Until recently,
the Quebec Bridge was considered one of the wonders of the World (it
fell twice while it was being built). Actually I can't recall seeing
any other large bridges of the kind.

The Forth Railway Bridge in Scotland is a good example. That has been
there for years. Other kinds of bridge are now much more economical
for large spans. Is that bridge there in FS2004? It crosses the Firth
of Forth about 5 miles west of Edinburgh. There is also a newer
suspension road bridge next to it and they should both be there.

Try:

http://www.doughoughton.com/webpage/image/66/a66530.jpg

or perhaps the best

http://netrover.com/~capaigle/Ponts/fortha.html

Just as well I read your reply before posting. I was going to mention the Forth
Bridge myself.

Worth pointing out that it's a *railway* bridge only hence the need for the
second bridge.

You can get an idea of the scale of the thing from watching Robert Powell
dangling off it in the '70s remake of 'The 39 Steps'.

--
regards,

Mark