Old April 5th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default Hawk XP TBO

Johnny Google wrote:
Actually, that is exactly what I was trying to make sure I *could* do
- my question was geared towards determining if it was possible, how
the change works - must you purchase a entirely different engine, or
does a particular modification change the engine from a K to a KB, and
what costs are involved in going from a K to a KB. (or is it the same
costs assuming it is time to overhaul anyway)

It's possible to change an engine from one model to another at overhaul.
If the differences are simple, it can be done by an overhaul shop. The
devil is in the details, and Continental will be the keeper of the details in
this case. The more common option is to swap your old K for a KB at overhaul
time. The case and the crankshaft represent the two most expensive parts to
replace. It may actually be cheaper to do a swap.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)