Old August 25th 17, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default UmU6IEZFU192c19HYXNfRW5naW5lX+KAk19GaW5kaW5nX2FfVG hlcm1hbD8=

Twice in my FES career I have not been able to make it back home during a self retrieve. One after a self launch here in Kansas and the second turnpoint of a 300km triangle got washed out. The other time on the day of my day win last month in Hungary, where the last thermal of the day was 100km downwind of home.

Both times the FES got me to an airport where I was then able to get an Aerotow retrieve.

Alisport is working on an extra battery pack for the wings that will double the range and make it less likely that you will have the same experience as me