Old July 11th 05, 07:39 PM
Don Tuite

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:09:30 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

. . .THe point being, what is
"easily" replaceable? Most aircraft run the coax along the instrument
panel, up the door post, across the headliner, through the aft bulkhead,
along the fuselage formers until it comes to the antenna. Other than
tearing the airplane completely apart, it is fairly simple to replace. Like
I said, go to all that work just to find that it isn't the problem? Not me.

Looking at the antenna connector is a good idea. But for shotgun
troubleshooting, I wouldn't be averse to temporarily running a length
of coax from the back of the panel through the cabin to the antenna
just to get a data point..

Don