Old July 29th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Default Aeronca 11AC Chief Project FS

Victor Bravo wrote:
Let me get this straight... you're saying there is no one common
factor in the structural inflight failure crashes of... five 601XL
type aircraft ??? Jay, 601XL IS the common factor !

I can only find 2 such cases in the NTSB database - and one of those
appears to have been due to over-control brought on by flight into IMC:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...09X00539&key=1
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...17X00209&key=1

It would be helpful if you could provide information on the other three
alleged incidents.

P.S. For comparison, I had no problem finding several incidents of wing
failures on Van's RV models.