Old November 7th 18, 09:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default ASW 27 Instrument Panel Texture

On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 12:26:16 AM UTC+2, wrote:
I am making a new instrument panel for my ASW27. The original panel appears to have a textured overlay that looks similar to leather. As far as I can tell the panel was made from carbon fiber over a plug and then the texture was bonded to the panel most likely using a vacuum bagging method. It is bonded so well that it may have been part of the layup process. I would like to duplicate the same look if possible. I am looking for some help regarding possible texture materials and procedures to provide a new panel with the original manufactures results.

Thanks,
Chris

Why not make flat surface panel instead of that horrible Schleicher texture straight from the 70's? Paint it with grey Nextel paint and you have a beautiful, modern looking panel. That how factories do it nowadays, it is easy to do yourself.