Old August 19th 04, 05:03 AM
Doordoc

Peter R. wrote in message ...
Here's a silly question: Is there any way to convert a t-hangar's
manually opening bi-fold door to a motorized one?

I just rented a t-hangar that uses a circular chain hanging off a large
pulley near the top of the hangar to control the door. The chain must
be pulled thirty to forty times to fully open or close the bi-fold door.

Perhaps some type of conversion to an automatic garage door opener?

Has anyone ever done anything like this?

This site will give you an idea of how some mfg's do it
http://bifold.com/safety/electrical.cfm

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Have seen many doors like this in our area but I personally have never
installed or worked on this type of door.